Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Re: De-censoring. Help? Input? *ahem*,

any of our fine readers have a vagina?*

Or, y'know, artistic ability? I can't draw for shit, I am mostly editing this stuff pixel-by-pixel, almost for reals... Dicks are easy. Some of them look a bit too splotchy, but I think I can live with that. But ladyparts? Ladyparts are hard.
Even artistic ability and familiarity with the equipment isn't enough, you have to decipher what was under there, and how the artist had drawn it. One frame has me just stumped. It stopped me dead last night, I tried picking up tonight but could make no more progress. It would be great if someones could take a look? In the strictest sense, those pages are a spoiler; but all it would give away is that this isn't a completely  yuri  story and the eventual tags will spoil that anyway...

*awgeez, many apologies if that comes off as insensitive or even misogynist. It was the first best solution to pop into mind, and  I have to go with what gives me the giggles.

7 comments:

  1. I've personally never felt Nekogen's censorship to be too obtrusive. The bars are small and few, unlike some manga that use 50 black bars to censor a single cunt, or even worse, the scramble mosaic.

    Would help if I could, but I have no decensoring experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's the maddening part, it's not so bad. If it were, I wouldn't even try... but it's just that one frame. I guess I could leave that one in, if no one works a miracle between now and whenever.
    I spent all my editing time tonight doing something stupid... it might turn out pretty, but is most definitely not an efficient use of time. Hard part's over though, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I feel that decensoring is unnecessary, especially if it delays the release significantly. That said, I'll take a look at the picture and see about giving some advice this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now see, that was my original position too. But once I got into it it's not so bad, and it's only one more little thing. Probably didn't delay the release more than a day overall. Take the 'something stupid' from my previous comment, I don't like the results I'm getting from that so it will probably all be a waste.
    All these little things, they do add up... most of them are stuff you would probably never notice reading the story, but I've started noticing them when they're not done...

    I'm trying to be more efficient, and I am getting stuff done faster. The biggest factor is just not having so much time to do it.

    Think I'm cool now with leaving the one censor in there. Feels so dirty to say that. Should get a lot done tonight, hopefully get some time this weekend. I'm putting off that new (and expensive) Mass Effect DLC here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever tried that?
    http://ero-otoko.blogspot.com/2009/12/ero-otokos-guide-to-decensoring-updated.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked through that a few months back, seemed pretty handy but I don`t know if anything stuck. Pretty sure I did pick up a few things...
    I won`t be re-drawing urethras or pasting in someone else`s genitals, though. That`s just weird... it looks fine in the guide, but we`ve all seen some horrible examples of these. That is the variety that would come from me. Nobody wants that.

    So; I got nothing finished Friday due to a debilitating headache, nothing Saturday due to goofing off after a more conventionally productive day, finished a couple pages just now and sent them to Uglicus for a look see. Can't be much longer, can it?

    ReplyDelete