Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We had nothing to do with this one, check it out deux:

I don't know how regular a 'feature' this will be, I'm reading far too little dirty mangoes these days due to all the editing. This one, and another I'm thinking of, I read years ago but I find myself coming back to them instead of the new stuff. I suck.

'Witchcraft' by Yamatogawa, YQII there can handle the crediting.

I love this story. Kinda weird, bit of an adventure. Don't want to give too much away, but I suppose you could assume it involves witchcraft of some kind.
Great characters. There's Kagami Kyoko, the cool fortune-teller. Her rival Saionji Sara (Sara Saionji? I dunno lol) who's got 'really pretty eyes'. Then there's Miki Megumi, idol schoolgirl with an inexplicable crush on the protagonist that's quite explicable.
Less important's the guy, who's a bit of your typical 'mobile harem generator', and the villain who is not very appealing after her first appearance (that's a double entendre but not a hot one).

There's stuff in there I'm really not a fan of, but the awesome completely overpowers it. There's a lot of rape in there, sometimes with neither party's consent. It's not unpleasant, they're enjoying themselves. There's even an apparent attempted murder-by-hypno-rape, but that's of questionable plausibility and intent. She gets in in the end, and I mean that in the best/filthiest/light-heartedest way possible.
When the loli showed up, I knew she was growing a dick at some point. First page she's on, I knew. Then she's parading around with her clit-dick flopping about for several chapters; reading the story as it first came out this went on for months.

Eventually, the day is saved with the power of love/telepathic one-man orgy, so that's a pretty good ending yeah.

As for what version to read, there's debate. And it seems Vaizard is working on decensoring this tankobon version, as well as darkening Sara's skin. I've already read the magazine scans, and censoring doesn't bother me so much, so the one posted on YQII's site's good for me for now.


Yamatogawa is, in general, pretty fucking great.
Tayu Tayu's a very close second; has a nice 'sisters' theme going on. Even a (too) brief bit of twincest by necessity. Yes. Looking just at the subject matters, I should prefer this to Witchcraft. May be that Witchcraft just got to me first.
Aqua Bless, an anthology, has the rare distinction of your being able to buy it, all uncensored and Englished and on paper. Crazy surreal, but easily worth your money if you've read this far.
Taihen Yoku Dekimashita?, another anthology, I've still not read the whole thing : | . I almost edited a chapter of this Uglicus had translated, but it turns out YQII had just translated it and Vaizard was already in the process of re-editing and decensored the entirety of the book (which is done now, see link). What I have read was pretty good, though there are a few pages of smoking and that's just profoundly unappealing to me for personal reasons...


Power Play is the latest. The prologue's a bit... weird, though the following two chapters were gold. Features your favourite Witchcraft character, if she's    Sara   , playing a sparrow for some reason. A very sexy sparrow, if I may say so myself. Chapter one, after the prologue, contains the most adorable rape ever.
Only the three chapters so far, but I got high hopes.

In summation, yay for Yamatogawa.

4 comments:

  1. ...I'm always putting so much emphasis on the negative, but I really do love this story. Those few chapters towards the end, not so much, but they power on through.

    I was also kinda harsh on main guy, who had his moments (like the scene I quoted where he compliments Sara's eyes in a less than appropriate situation), he's just not where my attentions were focused. Y'know.

    Hooray for commenting on my own post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you you know, this type of censorship is called "lol censorship"
    extremely thin jet black strips, or bigger, but easily see through fall into this category. to be honest his work doesn't need censoring because it is barely censored to begin with.

    i actually had to go back and look over it to see the censorship because i couldn't remember there being any.

    and nice going with this. if you make it a regular occurrence of bringing up the older, i suggest you come up with a real name for it, so people like me who watch through an rss know right away.

    and i also suggest for number 2, Hallow Hallow

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you talking about? 'We had nothing to do with this one, check it out' is totally the name for it. :D 'Ducks' is French for 'two'. Crazy ass language, got a thing for birds or something; 'zero' is 'the egg', which they pronounce as 'love'.

    Seriously though, the title was done with RSS readers in mind (I'm still not entirely sure what that is, because I've never bothered to check). Should I include the story title in there too? It's kind of long as is... Maybe a tag, also.

    As for your suggestion, I'm not familiar with it. I don't think anyway... Might have a look at it later, but see top of post.
    I could easily fill the blog with stories I have read, if there weren't plenty of places for that already. I just wanna make damn sure no one's missed Witchcraft.


    ...also, regarding RSS and stuff; when I make a post, and then inevitably edit it a dozen times over immediately, that doesn't spam the hell out of whatever, does it? I've been absolutely terrified to check. Preview just doesn't always cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, gave Hallow Hallow a quick read last night instead of sleep (skippin' sex scenes in hentai lol), it wasn't bad.

    I really like the 'video game' settings, though it makes me apprehensive about violence. These 'adventure' type stories in general really... This level of 'Saturday Morning Action!' is fine, yeah.

    Undead chicks, no matter how cute or in-one-piece they're drawn, creep me out. The game-style proliferation of foes unnerved as well, despite being kinda funny. Maybe woulda been hot were they not mummies.

    I was rather surprised by the religious message. I mean the 'blind faith is not faith' thing, not the 'rape sexy reanimated mummies tied to crucifixes' thing... or maybe I'm not be reading enough into that symbolism?

    Don't think I'll go back over the parts I skipped. Castlevania music played in my head the whole time, by the way.

    ReplyDelete