Thursday, December 2, 2010

Venture Bros.: Operation P.R.O.M.

Oh my God. Just watched the Venture Brothers S4 finale; know I'm late but I don't think season four has even started airing in Canada yet but anyway, oh my God.
You guys been watching Venture Brothers? Damn good show when they can get around to making it. It's always been great, starting off as a silly parody of kids' adventure shows, but over the years (eight years, for four seasons) they've progressed so much. Drama and romance and all that shit.

Season four, which started over a year ago (wtf Canadian TV?), knocks it outta the park (this is lame but I'm going somewhere with it). Certain events of S3 have had some far reaching effects; most of your beloved characters find themselves struggling to adapt, some are forced to finally grow up (Yes). Just as it is for any child forced to grow up over the span of one year it's been a painful, terrifying, beautiful experience.

And now here is the one-hour season finale, featuring the Venture Brothers' home-school prom. Knocks the park off the fucking map (worth it?).
I cried. Yeah. Joy and sorrow and giddy disgust. Handily toping the previous finales, it was clearly intended as a potential series end (and an end it is for some?).
Heartwarming gay romance (the hetero hookups mostly don't end well). Espionagical intrigue. The most tactically devastating use of '90s Britpop I've ever seen. Rusty Ventures out the ass, all around! And in the end, the power of love conquers all in a way no one needed to see.

It would be unreasonable to expect any future episode to approach this level, but fuck that. I'm feeling some Treister-level optimism. DO IT!

6 comments:

  1. I loved this episode so much. They need to make a hentai showing all the different kinds of Rusty Ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ending with brock rushing back. Fucking excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love tanaka ekisu (ex) could one help you to speed up your effort?

    xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, since you offered, you could finish my Christmas shopping...

    Comments help, probably. I'm still busy as fuck but I might not be as easily distracted when I get to editing tonight. Ecouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Encouragement?
    Well you are doing a great job!
    Since i am a huge Tanaka X fan even more so!
    I knew anipyu, but translated is the story much sweeter than it is already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...'Ecouragement'. It's a very silly Venture Bros. reference.

    ReplyDelete